Home / Case Studies
Pregnancy in a case of bilateral tubal block!
- Mrs. PN and Mr. DN presented to us as a case of secondary infertility
- Mrs. PN was 29 yr old and had conceived naturally six years back which resulted in missed abortion.
- Husband and wife were not always staying together because of husband’s job profile
- Semen analysis: normal
- After one failed IUI cycle, Laparohysteroscopy was done .-bilateral tubal block, left hydrosalpinx, pelvic adhesions. Left sided tubal delinking was done.
- Adhesinolysis was done.
- Repeat AMH after 6 months –dropped to 2.20
- Bilateral tubal disease, borderline ovarian reserve.
- Couple was advised ICSI .
- After ovarian stimulation with standard dose of gonadotrophins 15 oocytes were retrieved.
- Quality of oocytes was average. Only three blastocysts were formed and all three were transferred.
- Third cycle of Embryo donation was done later with transfer of three blastocysts.
- Beta HCG done 15 days later showed positive result. Scan at 6 weeks showed single live pregnancy. Mrs. PN delivered a healthy baby girl at term.